What is the name of the punch like tool for hand forming the grooved seam?

A reader asked..

I need this tool for fabricating sheetmetal pipe. The “punches” come in various gauge sizes from 28g to18g i think…

(Scroll down to read responses).

Found some hand tool stuff on Amazon:

Buy Custom LeatherCraft 110RUL Heavy Duty Tape Rule Elastic Suspenders
Designed to hold nail bags and carpenter aprons. Heavy duty 2″ wide, fully adjustable, polypropylene front straps. Elast… More >>

Stanley 60-100 10-Piece Standard Fluted Screwdriver Set Review
The Stanley Standard Fluted Screwdriver Set features ten of the most popular , slotted, stubby and pocket screwd… More >>

Best Hand Tally Counter – Red
Our counters fit snugly in the palm of your hand, and are easily operated with your thumb. It counts up to 9999 items an… More >>

Featured hand tool resource:
The Indexing Tool
Just add your RSS feed to this WordPress plugin and it automaticaly creates links to un-indexed pages, displays on your site, then removes them when the pages are indexed. Works with any RSS feed! Pays % http://indexingtool.com/affiliates
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Previous Post

Cuba’s Reform-Minded Party Congress – Power Tool

Next Post

myShopanion, the Most Comprehensive Mobile Shopping Companion, Announces Key Search Improvements and New Social … – Hand Tool


    • Judith
    • April 15, 2011

    perhaps an awl?

    • David
    • April 15, 2011

    It’s called a seamer. It’s not really like a punch, more like funny-looking pliers. Here’s a picture:

    There’s also a crimper that crimps one end of your pipe so it will fit into the end of the next pipe section.

Comments are closed.
%d bloggers like this: