Mold spores are the basic units of life of molds and mildews. They float around and wait for the right condition of life. They prefer to grow on dead organic products since they collect their nutrition from these materials. Soil and dust that contain organic particles are very much prone to mold infection.
However, most important factor for mold spores to settle down is moisture. They prefer humid and warm weather over dry and cold places. Incidents of mold infestation are high in humid areas than semiarid and cold places. Mold spores become extremely active after rainfall and during fall. And chances of mold attack double after flood.
What are mold spores?
Molds reproduce by sporulation. Mold spores are very small in size and are ubiquitous; they are present everywhere.
Being so small, they can easily penetrate through strict filtration systems. They can travel through respiratory tract of human beings to reach lungs. Exposure to molds spores often lead to respiratory diseases, breathing trouble and asthma attacks.
Some RANDOM FACTS about Mold Spores:
They are smaller than pollen grains. Hence, people who are not allergic to pollens may suffer from allergic reactions when exposed to mold spores.
Inhaling mold spores may commonly lead to asthma attacks, difficulty breathing and respiratory infection.
Quantity of mold spores in per unit volume of air is commonly called as mold spore count.
Mold spore count is high near golf courses, lakes, farm land and wet and humid areas. Spore count subtly increases after heavy rainfall.
High spore count increases the chances of mold infection in human beings. Inhalation of higher amount of mold spore cause different types of ailments.
Mold spores are carried by air current or other particles including human skin. They settle down as soon as they get the moist environment. Once spores get the ground, mold colonies are formed. As a result spore count increases in the surrounding areas.
Why you need to kill mold spores?
They are harmful. Mold spores are not only allergens; they are responsible for bigger mold growth. Single mold spore can make your house a nest of molds and mildews within few weeks.
Exposure to hyphal fragments and mold spores can lead to various physical problems. Common symptoms are: watery and red eyes, runny or stuffy noses, chest congestion, breathing trouble and wheezing, skin rash, coughing and sneezing, respiratory trouble, headache, hay fever and sickness. Condition might worsen for immunocompromised persons. To avoid exposure to molds, you need to kill mold spores, the basic unit of life of fungus, and keep your home safe for the members.
How to kill mold spores:
Mold spores are airborne particles and can only become active once they get the conditions of life. They are harmless otherwise, if not inhaled. To kill mold spores, you need to kill the closest mold colony.
If you find spore count is high inside your home, chances are molds have already penetrated in. Use organic mold cleaning products to remove mildews, black molds and fungus.
Some people suggest using ozone blasting technique to kill mold spores and molds. There are controversies about the effectiveness of ozone shock treatment or ozone blasting. The process can be health hazardous for human beings as well. On the other hand, organic cleaners do not have any side effect and kill mold completely.