Power washers can be divided into four basic categories: light-duty electric; residential gas powered; heavy-duty gas powered; and professional gas powered. Cleaning power (CP) is calculated by multiplying pounds per square inch (PSI) of water pressure by gallons per minute (GPM) of water flow. Electric Power Washers
These economical models are designed for occasional light-duty use around the home. They are lightweight and extremely easy to transport and use.
* Washing cars, boats * Cleaning house siding, decks, fences, patio furniture * Sweeping debris from driveways, sidewalks
* 1,300 – 1,400 PSI 1.5 GPM 120 volt/14 amp motor * High pressure pump with aluminum head * Wheeled accessory storage cart * Gripstart on/off trigger feature * Foamer bottle chemical applicator 25-foot pressure hose * Turbo nozzle spray wand Brush kit
Retail Price: $149 – $199 Residential Pressure Washers :
Residential pressure washers have gas-powered engines for easy operation and efficient cleaning around the home or small business.
* Washing cars, boats * Cleaning house siding, decks, fences, patio furniture, driveways, sidewalks * Blasting dirt from lawn and garden equipment
* 1,650 – 2,400 PSI * 3.75 – 6 horsepower side-valve (SV) or overhead (OHV) engine * High pressure pump with thermal relief valve * High/low pressure regulator * Chemical injection system 25-foot kink-resistant high pressure hose * Stainless steel wand with adjustable spray nozzle * Quick-connect spray tips on some models Some models equipped with pneumatic tires
Retail Price: $299 – $499 Heavy-Duty Pressure Washers
Quality-conscious home and business owners choose heavy-duty pressure washers with longer running engines and pumps for more power during frequent use.
* Washing cars, boats, trucks, swimming pools, farm equipment * Cleaning houses, decks, fences, brick, concrete * Blasting mud and dirt from tools and lawn equipment * Preparing surfaces for repainting or recoating
* 2,400 – 3,000 PSI * 5.0 – 8.0 horsepower overhead valve (OHV) or overhead valve industrial (OHVI) engine * Heavy duty high pressure pump with brass head and thermal relief valve * Adjustable pressure regulator * Chemical injection system 25-foot kink-resistant high pressure hose * Heavy duty pneumatic wheels Some models equipped with hose reel
Retail Price: $499 – $899 Professional Pressure Washers
These models are designed with an industrial engine and contractor quality pump to handle the tough demands of the cleaning professional.
* Washing cars, boats, construction equipment * Cleaning brick and concrete, work sites * Graffiti removal * Preparing surfaces for repainting or recoating
* 2,500 – 4,000 PSI * 6.5 – 15 horsepower premium OHVI engine Axial cam or triplex plunger pump with brass head and thermal relief valve * Adjustable pressure regulator * Chemical injection system 25 or 50-foot contractor grade hose * Contractor grade wand and gun with quick-connect nozzles * Contractor quality wheel kit
Retail Price: $799 – $1,399 Available Accessories
* Turbo Nozzle – Saves time by spinning a narrow jet stream in a circular pattern to cover more area * Brush Kits – Great for applying cleaning solutions and loosening tough dirt * Extension Hose – Greatly increases the reach of the pressure washer * Quick Connect Fittings – Simplifies pressure washer connections