How to Catch Ogre Nannies
Like your boss, you want your nanny to be productive and not waste time snoozing or using the phone for personal calls. In your case, you also want to be sure that your nanny is not shaking the baby or kicking the kids around. But nannies know about the hidden nanny cameras and the ogre-types know where to kick, shake, rattle, and roll.
It is a nuisance that ads for nanny cams also advise where you can hide the tiny gadgets. But you can pull a fast one by being more creative with your hidden nanny cameras. Yes, it’s true that it’s against the law not to inform that nanny that you have electronic spies in the house. But if you are not living in California or Massachusetts, you do not have to give the nanny a nanny cam map.
Hiding the Nanny Cameras
So where else can you can you hide the nanny cameras? Every conceivable place has been thought up by great spy minds. Even helpless furry teddy has been enlisted to keep an eye on the nanny! Here are some novel ideas where to keep your nanny cameras hidden:
* Obviously, the nanny knows there are hidden nanny cameras in the nursery. She will behave there, even without a spy camera. But it is better to be sure to hide one there. Have you thought about placing a framed picture near the head side of the crib or the baby’s bed? You can see the nanny’s face if she is smiling or scaring the baby with an ugly scowl.
* The kitchen is another popular area, but where can you set up the hidden nanny cameras without being redundant? Think about a wide sweep and a close up to check how the nanny prepares food for the children. Hide the camera in a mirror lamp on the counter where food is usually prepared, and on the ceiling install a smoke detector clone, which is in reality, a camera.
* The bath is an accident-prone area. Install the camera on the wall where a view of every move can be captured. Do not place the camera where movements can be obscured. Your nanny may not be able to explain the bump on your baby’s head, but the camera will tell all.
* Use the pinhole camera in the living room. This is where nannies spend their time watching TV. Check if she is watching adult movies instead of letting the kids watch their favorite cartoon show. Children are impressionable and pick up what they see and hear. Be alert to this.
* If you have watched YouTube videos showing nanny brutality, most of them show the nanny’s back and the baby cannot be seen. You could not see if the nanny was pinching or squeezing the baby. Avoid this oversight, place hidden nanny cameras on both walls.
If you’ve caught the nanny being abusive on tape, fire her on the spot. Don’t wait until more harm will happen to the children.