An Overview of the Garmin Vista CX
The Garmin Vista CX is a handheld GPS system that makes it easy and affordable for the user to have maps with him or her anytime, anywhere. As with those that are mounted in a car, the Garmin Vista CX helps prevent getting lost while also creating routes to get from one place to the next.
What to Expect from the Garmin Vista CX
The Garmin Vista CX includes a number of features that are attractive to the user. Some of these features include:
• An electronic compass
• A barometric altimeter
• Sunlight-readable color screen
• Advanced GPS routing ability
• A waterproof design
In addition to all of these attractive features, the Garmin Vista CX also comes with a blank 64 MB microSD card. With this card, the user can store additional map details that can be easily accessed with the device.
Getting the Most from an Outdoor Experience
Outdoor enthusiasts particularly enjoy using the Garmin Vista CX. Since the system is battery operated, it is convenient and easy to carry anywhere.
As should be expected from any high-quality handheld GPS system, the Garmin Vista CX also includes automatic route generation as well as off-route calculation. In addition, it provides alert tones and turn-by-turn directions to assist with finding a point of interest or other requested destination.
Best Hunting GPS – A Holiday Gift Guide to the Garmin ETrex Vista HCX and Its Accessories
Many hunters are using GPS units and accessories on their hunting trips now. The Garmin eTrex Vista HCX is among the best for hunters.
1. Garmin eTrex Vista HCX – This is a great hunting GPS unit. The MicroSD card slot allows the user to put maps of different hunting areas on memory cards. This lets the user change out the memory card for certain hunting spot.
2. Accessories – Some of the best accessories for the Garmin eTrex Vista HCX are a carrying case, lanyard, and holster. The carrying case protects the GPS unit from scrapes and reduces glare from the display area.
3. Software – The best topographical map for the Vista HCX is the Garmin Mapsource Topo 2008. This software will give you topo maps of your hunting areas in the United States including terrain contours, topo elevations, trails, rural roads, and springs.
4. Instructional DVD – An instructional DVD by Bennett Video for the Garmin eTrex Vista HCX will help the new user become familiar with the unit. This DVD will teach the user how to mark a waypoint, make a route, and make a track log in their new GPS unit.
So, as you can see these four ideas are great for the hunter on your Holiday shopping list this year. Any hunter would love the Garmin eTrex Vista HCX and it’s accessories to use on their next hunting trip.
Obtain practical info about crafts and scrapbooking – dig into quoted webpage.