Automatic openers and garage doors are the cause of many people getting injured in accidents in homes.The garage door is infact one or the largest and heaviest moving part in a home or house.The weight of a wooden or metal door can range any where from 100 to 400 pounds.All it takes is a few minutes of inspection a year or as recommended by the manufacturer to avoid many accidents and keep people from getting hurt at home.
The below mentioned points apply to the most common type of garage doors the sectional garage doors.Ignore the opener related procedures if the doors are without openers. For your door and operner consult your manufacturers instructions.If there is a problem these instructions usually have diagrams that identify parts you should inspect and describe exactly what you should do
1. The opener emergency release should be disconnected with the door closed. The door could come crashing down if the door is not closed and you disconnect the operner and the spring is improperly adjusted.
2. The door hardware should be observed properly, which includes the hinges, rollers, cables, cable drums, nuts and bolts, the bottom door seal and any side seals.All nuts and bolts should be tight and movable parts should move freely.All ropes from the door should be disconnected to avoid injuring someone when it is operated and if an opener is used.
3. The door tracks should be checked for any damage or mechanical instability. The tracks should be firmly attached to the framing. To avoid the door from falling off the tracks the points where the tracks attach the ceiling should have a lateral brace to prevent the tracks from spreading
4. Observe the torsion spring, if any, above the center of the door. It should be firmly attached to the framing. NEVER attempt to adjust or otherwise tamper with the torsion spring. Serious injury or death could result if the tension were improperly released.
5. the door lock should be tested. To avoid damaging the door or opener disable the lock. Otherwise the door or opener could get damaged if operated with the door locked.
6. When the door is operated manually it should open and close freely without requiring unusual force or binding on the tracks
7. Open the door about 1/2 way, and then open the door completely. It should remain in each position unassisted. If it does not, have a trained technician adjust the spring(s). Improperly adjusted springs are a safety hazard and increase strain on the door opener.
8. Reconnect the opener emergency release.
9. Observe the attachment of the opener motor to the ceiling and the opener drive rail to the framing. Both should be firmly attached.
The opener operating controls and safety systems (button and external remote control) should be at least five feet above the floor (so small children cannot reach them), and they should be within sight of the door.. The reversing sensors should be no more than six inches above the floor at each side of the door. The emergency release cord should be attached to the trolley disconnect and hang no lower than 6 feet above the floor.
11. Observe the opener electrical connection, usually at the garage ceiling. The connection should either be permanently connected to the electrical connection or it should be connected to a grounded 3 wire receptacle. Extension cords, frayed wires, and spliced wires violate manufacturer’s instructions and are a safety hazard.
12. Observe the opener operation. The door should fully open and close. Operation should not include unusual sounds. If the opener uses a chain drive, the chain should usually be about 1/2″ above the rail when the door is open. The opener light should turn on.
13. Test the opener pressure reverse system. Place a 2×4 flat under the center of the door and allow the door to close. It should reverse on contact with the 2×4. If it does not reverse, adjust the opener according to manufacturer’s instructions.Safety Door Designs Pune
14. Test the opener reversing sensors. Interrupt the beam between the sensors while the door is closing. The door should reverse direction and open.
15. The door and automatic opener should be lubricated as per the manufacturer’s instructions
following the above procedures take only a few minutes per door but will help your garage door and opener last longer and will help prevent injury or property damage.
We are Terrace Door Dealers in Pune,India.Providing economical security solutions.
Get useful tips about male yeast infection treatment – check out this webpage.