We all spend thousands of dollars every year on keeping our house and work area clean. We want to make sure that germs and harmful insects and viruses are as far away from us and our loved ones as possible. We buy different kinds of floor cleaners, detergents, toilet cleaners, utensil soaps and a verity of things for this. Time and again we also keep trying newer stuff to be up-to-date when it comes to clean surroundings. All these items are a must in our monthly grocery shopping. This is what we do to make sure our homes are germ free. But do all these really perform to the task? Do these products make sure that your kids are protected from harm as much as possible? Not at all!
This is the time to break the myth that buying expensive synthetic detergents and cleaners are a guarantee for a clean germ free home. Instead it is quite the opposite. When you are buying these synthetic products you are actually opening doors to various harmful chemicals. These are harsh and abrasive for our skin as well as bad for our general health. These toxics become a part of your everyday life and also pave path for allergies, infections and rashes of various kinds. Imagine these chemicals on the floor of your child’s play area or on your kitchen shelves. The thought is not a happy one.
But now is the time to change all this. How would you react if something gives you a clean germ free home without harming your loved ones? Yes there are alternatives. Nature has gives us plenty of options to choose from. All these are easily available, totally natural, great for cleaning and entirely devoid of any harmful chemicals.
Here is a look at some of the popular ones:
1. Soap nuts: These wondrous fruits grow naturally on trees, are dried and can be used as great cleaning agents. They have been used for centuries in places like India and Indonesia. They can act as a revolutionary change to your harmful chemical laden cleaners. Just 2-3 wrapped in a porous bag help you clean anything and everything. They are like the soap we use but only much safer and healthy.
2. White Vinegar: Just put vinegar on grease, stains, wax build-ups and mildew and see it work wonders. It also helps getting rid of bad odors.
3.Baking soda: This has amazing properties of cleaning as well as softening water.
4. Washing Soda: helps removing stains, cleaning tiles, sinks, tubs and also softens water. However it should not be used on aluminum.
5. Lemon: you want to get rid of household bacteria? Just sprinkle a bit of lemon juice and it will be highly effective.
6. Lemon + Vegetable oil: combine these two to make your wooden furniture sparkling.
Other important products that may help you are Borax, Isopropyl Alcohol (very effective disinfectant), Citrus Solvent (effective on oil and grease) and Cornstarch (for windows, rugs, polish furniture).
These are just to name a few. You can find numerous uses and advantages of these natural wonders. The best one being their contribution in preserving the environment. Just incorporate these in your house cleaning regime and you will never be worrying again. You will have a home that is not just germ free but chemical free as well.